world of friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

world of friends

A world for friends! :D You can post ANYTHING... (if it is ALLOWED....) WELCOME!!!

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Buildings Discussion and Appreciation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OllieVar
Admin
OllieVar

Buildings Discussion and Appreciation Empty
PostSubject: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyThu 19 Oct - 19:27

I like buildings! you can post pics of exteriors OR interiors in here, or just talk about architecture if you'd like! doesn't matter much to me. I just like building design  I love you
Back to top Go down
https://worldofriends.forumotion.com
OllieVar
Admin
OllieVar

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyThu 19 Oct - 19:37

Firstly I wanted to bring up certain architectural styles I'm a fan of. Aside from modern styles like Minimalism, I'm most familiar with European, American(colonial mostly), and a little bit of Spanish architectural styles. That does mean my favorites have a bit of a bias.
While the industrial revolution had a lot going on I am genuinely a big fan of Victorian styled houses. Despite their sometimes.. Eccentric (?) layouts. I also really like Western architecture and I really like false fronts. Just in general, they're kind of nostalgic for me but I also just think it's a creative way to save materials while keeping things kind of interesting looking. One of the plainer styles I'm a big fan of is the pueblo revival. (As you can see, a lot of North American examples.)
Even though I do like these styles a lot, I want to get into more historic and south american architecture examples. If anyone has any resources or examples they like, please share!!!
btw I do like the wikipedia list of styles it's fun to go through

imdonnie likes this post

Back to top Go down
ShowBiz

ShowBiz

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 1:32

I like buidings too! i dont know arcitectural styles but i like when i can go outside and see houses freom the houtside. do ou know what kind of buidling this is?
Buildings Discussion and Appreciation Img_9610
Back to top Go down
OllieVar
Admin
OllieVar

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 1:35

ShowBiz wrote:
I like buidings too! i dont know arcitectural styles but i  like when  i can go outside and see houses freom the houtside. do ou know what kind of buidling this is?
Buildings Discussion and Appreciation Img_9610
Oh! cool brick building, Biz! Unfortunately I think the photo might be too blurry for me to make out anything specific about it, but I like the enthusiasm! Do you have any more in-focus photos of other buildings you like? Razz
Back to top Go down
ShowBiz

ShowBiz

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 1:49

no sorry. I was running too fast.

imdonnie likes this post

Back to top Go down
imdonnie

imdonnie

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 14:14

what do yiuo guys think of my man-cave? Smile the room is shaped a little weird cuz it's a victorian house. could use a bit of work i admit.

from donnie.
Buildings Discussion and Appreciation Mancav12
Back to top Go down
ShowBiz

ShowBiz

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 15:56

i still dont know how o replyto massages.the mod did not get back to me. you look like you need to pee a lot.
Back to top Go down
imdonnie

imdonnie

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 16:00

ShowBiz wrote:
i still dont know how o replyto massages.the mod did not get back to me. you look like you need to pee a lot.
my brother. there is a quote button on the right side on each post. andthen it takes oyu to the beauteous reply world. you don't have to quote each reply you can just delete it after pressing the button. and i don't actually pee that much

from donnie.
Back to top Go down
ShowBiz

ShowBiz

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 16:20

imdonnie wrote:
ShowBiz wrote:
my brother. there is a quote button on the right side on each post. andthen it takes oyu to the beauteous reply world. you don't have to quote each reply you can just delete it after pressing the button. and i don't actually pee that much

from donnie.

I figured it out. Thank you Smile Soyey i said you peed a lot. its teh water bottles.
Back to top Go down
OllieVar
Admin
OllieVar

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 16:50

Yes, what donnie said! Thanx for the help LOL. Razz Also, please try to keep on topic Biz!
Anyways, your room is genuinely interesting donnie. You can definitely tell it's a Victorian house from the odd room shape to even the radiator. From this angle the closet also seems weirdly short? Have you been there very long? Do you know any specifics about when the building was made?
Back to top Go down
imdonnie

imdonnie

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 18:19

Quote :
You can definitely tell it's a Victorian house from the odd room shape to even the radiator. From this angle the closet also seems weirdly short? Have you been there very long? Do you know any specifics about when the building was made?
yeah the closet is more fashion than fucntion i think. you have to crouch to get to the sides adn im like 5'3. i just movha976+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
Back to top Go down
imdonnie

imdonnie

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation EmptyFri 20 Oct - 18:20

SORRY. MY CAT STEPPED ON MY KEYBOARD affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buildings Discussion and Appreciation   Buildings Discussion and Appreciation Empty

Back to top Go down

Buildings Discussion and Appreciation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
world of friends :: Chatz :: Interests-
Jump to: